HCBC Mission Statement
“To Build and Empower Disciples to live together in Unity to make a difference in the World of Jesus Christ.”
- Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Founders Hall, the Comfort Ministry will be honoring Mother’s – Make a Collage, Celebrate Her Life. Anyone who wishes to, may speak for 2-3 minutes about their mother. Food will be served. Any questions should be directed to Deaconess Madeline Dunn, ministry leader.
- Do you really LOVE Holy Cross Baptist Church???? Then tell us about it!! Please place your 3×5 card, with a few sentences letting us know why you love HCBC, in the box located in the back of the church. The cards are being provided for you. The deadline has been extended until Sunday, June 7th! Thank you for your participation!!
- It’s time for a mental health break, and you can release some stress. The Willing Hands Ministry is sponsoring a trip to the Amish Countryside August 26-28, 2015. Come join us for three days of good fellowship, food and fun. Also, enjoy the play “Joseph” at Sight and Sound. For more information, see Sister Viery Ricketts-Thomas, ministry leader.
- Holy Cross is requesting that members and guest not park on the sidewalk in front of the church. The Overbrook School for the Blind on 6333 Malvern Ave., informed us that they are teaching their students to use their canes to walk on the sidewalk, and that cars parked on the sidewalk impede their progress. Please be good neighbors to the community and set a good example. Do not park on the sidewalk in front of the bus stop. Handicapped passengers need access to the bus stop.
- The Outreach Ministry goes out every 4th Saturday of each month. We meet at the church at 11:00 a.m. Please join us. “Go ye unto all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15. Sister Thelma Davis is the ministry leader.